How to Steam Clean a Mattress?
Mattress cleaning is necessary because it’s a place where we fall every single day for seeking to relax after a tiring day. The mattress has to deal with sweat, dead skin cells, dirt, So it becomes necessary to clean your mattress regularly. Cleaning your mattress will give you a night of healthy sleep and it’ll also increase mattress’s life. When it comes to mattress cleaning, mattress steam cleaning is the most useful cleaning process. It helps in removing dirt, stain, and bacteria which can be disturbing and harmful for you in sleep. Before steaming always check your mattress manual guide and see that steaming is safe or not.
Steaming isn’t Hard Just Try These Steps to Get a Night of Better Sleep :
Step 1: Removing The Upper Layer and Deodorizing: –
- Remove the pillows, sheets, and bed of the blankets and expose the mattress completely. Blankets and pillows have to deal with dead skin cells and sweat during sleep, so make sure to wash them regularly. Wash your sheets, pillow and their covers with hot water in the machine and dry them in heat to sanitize, deodorize and clean them. Check their tag and read the instructions carefully before washing and drying them.
- Now sprinkle some baking soda on the mattress, it helps in removing odors stain from mattress’ fabric.
- Increase or decrease the quantity of baking soda according to the size of the mattress.
Before sprinkling baking soda on the mattress, add some essential oil in it and it’ll lightly perfume your mattress. You can also use eucalyptus, peppermint to remove dust stains and deodorize it. If you are having trouble in removing stains from mattress then add laundry detergent or white vinegar in baking soda and it will remove any stains.
- Leave the mattress for at least one hour to sit the baking soda on it and it will absorb smells and oils. If you are facing trouble with the strong smell, then leave the baking soda on the mattress for a longer period of time or you can leave it on the mattress for up to 24 hours for better results.
Step 2: Vacuuming The Mattress
After deodorizing with baking powder you have to vacuum cleaning the mattress. Run the vacuum slowly to every inch of the entire carpet for better results. Use the vacuum cleaner carefully so they don’t damage the fabrics. Vacuuming the mattress helps to remove hair, dirt particles, and dust. It also makes steam cleaning easy by fluffing the fabrics of the mattress.
Step 3: Steam Cleaning The Mattress
- Apply the steam to the mattress after vacuuming. You can buy or rent the steam cleaning machine according to your budget and needs. Read the user guide of the machine to make sure that it’ll get enough heat. Then, fill the water in the machine according to your machine’s storage level and switch on your machine to heat up the water. You can use the steamer after it gets heat up. Hold the steamer carefully just above the mattress without touching it.
- Apply the steam on the corner with slow strokes in the beginning and move slowly until you cover each row of the mattress top. Deep clean the mattress by steaming the side by side of the mattress. Steam every side of the mattress from up to down to kill every possible bacteria, mites or bugs. Repeat the whole process to clean both sides of the mattress if it is double-sided.
Step 4: Dry Clean The Mattress
- After completion of steaming the mattress, wait for 3-4 hours to dry it completely. If you have a dry cleaning machine, it can suck the moisture from the mattress and speed up the drying process. You can also do it naturally by moving the mattress into the sun or you can open the windows and run the fans. Moving your mattress in sunlight will dry the mattress and will also kill germs and bacteria
- After drying, check your mattress to ensure that it is completely dry. Now cover your mattress and put it on the bed. You can do this whole process by yourself or you can contact a mattress cleaning services.
Take Professional Help.
Wanna steam your mattress but don’t have time for steaming? contact Tip Top Clean Team we can do this for you. We are best in this business with an experienced and professional team. Our team is highly trained and professional and ready to your best time. Moreover, we can also provide you the Same Day Mattress Cleaning in Brisbane services. Contact us on this company for quality service.